When your baby is able to sit properly, its time to look for some more fun vehicles for him/her to explore around the world. Tricycle is proven to help kids' development, it is both fun and fitness. It worth to do some more research to buy the right tricycle for your kid. Some tricycles are designed to grow with your kid's development allow you to use with for years up to young kid as 5 years old.
Here is a comparison table to help you have a quick overview for the most popular tricycles in the market:
Below summarizing some key features from manufacturers and reviews from users:
1. Radio Flyer 4 -in-1 Stroll' N Trike
Radio Flyer is a Chicago-based family company established since 1917. The 4-in-1 STroll 'N Trike offer 4 ways to ride, can converts from a infant trike to a steering trike, learn-to-ride-trike and finally a classic trike.
- Grow with kid design
- removable cage to keep tiny one from tipping out and keep their sippy-cup nearby
- Sturdy design and many little storage places for kids and parents
- Difficult to assembly, normally take 30 mins and required pliers, Philips head screw driver and a hammer
- Adult handle bar is too short, not comfortable for parent especially dad with over 6" height.
- No wheel lock, toldders can't keep their feet on foot rest and constantly tries to pedal so feet get stuck
2. Little Tikes Perfect Fit 4-in-1 Tike
The Little Tikes Company was founded in 1969 and is headquartered in Hudson, OH. The 4-in-1 Tike makes on-the-go travel easy with multiple storage sports. From parents pushing, to toddlers learning to pedals, to them starting to streer, and then going on their own, this trike keeps pace with growing child.
- The sunshade is adjustable
- Versatility and the potential longevity of this item
- Storage caddy is handy
- Assembly is difficult, normally takes 30 mins or more
- Straps were too big for little kids as 23 pounds, kid tends to fall to one side of the seat
- It is heavy, challenging to pedal and difficult to steer
3. Schwinn Easy Steer Tricycle
Schwinn founded in 1895, is an American icon, headquarter in Chicago, IIlinois. The Schwinn Easy Steer trike is made with heavy duty trike frame with a concealed steering system. The removable steering system will allow the rider to pedal and steer the tricycle or the parent can take control and steer with the push/steer handle. The high back saddle with 3 point seat belt allows young riders to feel secure while adult controls the action.
- It has a wider wheel base so it is more difficult to tip over
- It has a foot pegs so the child has somewhere secure to rest their feet until they are big enough to reach the pedals
- It has straps and more secure for little baby
- Difficult to assemble
- It squeaks and noisy while riding
- The parental handle has to position 20 degrees to keep the front tier straight
4. SmarTike smarTfold
SmarTrike established a decade ago is a brand specializing in tricycle for all kids cycling stages. The smarTfold 300 Plus 6 in 1 push trike with push handle that has effortless Touch Steering allow toldder to cruise around in the tricycle while parent in complete control of the trike at the push of a button.
- It can fold up like a luggage and comes with its own bag
- Storage in the back to carry small stuffs
- It is stable and rolls smoothly
- Handle bars do not stay up, they keep sliding down when parents trying to push it.
- It is not easy to assemble, folding is not easy have to take the front wheel off
- It is not very stable and tends to tip over, not for one hand pushing
5. iimo Tricycle #02 Type SS
iimo is a well-known tricycle brand designed by M&M Co., Ltd. of Japan. Japan M&M Co., Ltd. was founded in 1948 in Osaka, Japan. Since 1986, it has been focusing on children's bicycles and children's products. iimo Tricycle is design to grow with kid, transform from push car to walker for child and finally and independent tricycle for kids.
- No need to assemble, basically 90% of the product already assembled
- Smooth parental steering handle, one-handed steering control mechanism and front wheel lock
- Easy foldable design with only one button away, compact and light
- No safety belt to secure very small baby
- Only back basket for storage space
- Price is comparable higher than the other local brands
Hope the information is useful for parents to choose the most suitable tricycle for your little one.